Two-wheeler Anti-theft Tips When You Leave For A Vacation
Owing a bike comes with certain responsibilities. You have to look after its regular maintenance to ensure that it delivers high performance. Moreover, you are also required to take appropriate measure to protect your bike from being stolen. The cases of bike theft have increased at an alarming rate in recent years. More often than not it’s the negligence of the owner that leads to their bike being stolen.
Therefore, in order to prevent this, you can follow the below essential steps and protect your bike.
Cover the bike
No matter where you park your bike, you should always cover it with a bike-cover. The lesser your bike is visible, the more secure it is. Using a cover for your expensive two-wheeler can reduce the possibility of its theft significantly.
- In addition to the usual ignition lock, you should consider getting a steering lock for your two-wheeler. Bikes with a steering lock are much more protected as compared to the ones without a steering lock.
- Additionally, there are several advanced locking systems available in the market that can offer superior protection to your two-wheeler vehicle.
Install an alarm system
- Using a good alarm system can be a very efficient way of protecting your bike from getting stolen.
- Utilizing this effective system can get the needed attention if someone is trying to steal your bike.
- A disc lock may appear small in size but it is strong enough and has sufficient power to prevent your bike from being stolen.
- Installing a good quality disc lock will ensure that your bike has that added level of protection.
- Make sure that you always park your bike in an allocated parking lot. However, if you are forced to park your bike outside, make sure you park it in a well-lit area.
- Avoiding the shadows or dark areas can reduce the chances of your bike being stolen.
Purchase two-wheeler insurance online
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for two-wheeler owners to get their two-wheeler insured before riding it on Indian roads. A comprehensive insurance policy will not only provide protection against the damage caused in case of an accident but also cover the theft of your vehicle.
Nowadays, with leading insurance providers, you can compare different bike insurances online and settle for the one that best suits your needs.
Getting a comprehensive bike insurance policy will also keep your bike safe against natural calamities such as flood, cyclone, landslide, etc. Purchasing online bike insurance is a hassle-free process as it involves minimal documentation. You can avail a bike insurance policy from the comfort of your home by following an easy online application process.
Online insurance providers work towards providing the best services to their customers by handling all the claims and grievances in a prudent and efficient manner. Therefore, a smooth claim settlement process is yet another benefit of purchasing online two wheeler insurance.
Now that you are well aware of various anti-theft tips to protect your bike from being stolen, ensure that you make the most of it and take the required measures to safeguard your two-wheeler.