Form 2290 Application Online
In today’s world, everyone is looking for ways to carry out their work in less time. No one is ready to stand in queue for a long time for any task.For saving time, an online facility is available for each and everything.
The same goes for tax payment. If you have a heavy vehicle weighing 55,000 pounds or more, you must e file 2290 and Pay the HVUT Tax. In this article, we have provided a list of necessary details you need to file your return.
- Business name and address
- Employment Identification Number (EIN)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- First used month (FUM) of vehicle
- Taxable gross weight of the vehicle
These are the necessary details that must be required while filling the e-file of the 2290 Form. Enter the correct details in the form so that your form will not get rejected by the IRS. After filing the form, you will receive an IRS stamped schedule 1 copy. Keep this copy with you as proof of payment of 2290 tax. It will take only a few minutes to file 2290 online.
There are only three steps for filing your form 2290, which are given in detail here:
Step 1 – Collect Your Information
- Do not use your social security number. Instead of that, you have to use an employer identification number (EIN).
- Use the same name you have used in the EIN document; otherwise, your form will get rejected due to EIN mismatch
- You must submit the vehicle identification number for all your vehicles.
- You need to know the taxable gross weight for each vehicle.
Step 2 – Choose a 2290 e–filing service Provider
- Search for an IRS approved e-filing service provider for filing your 2290 form
- Services and charges will differ from one provider to another.
- Do not visit irs.gov to fill form 2290. Because the IRS does not provide this service.
- Follow the instructions to , sign in, and pay the tax.
Step 3 – Select Your Payment Option
- If you are using EFW, authorize a direct debit from your bank and pay your HVUT tax
- If you are using EFTPS, you must enroll for the EFTPS service which takes 5 to 7 business days
- You can also pay your HVUT tax using your credit/debit card or using check or money order. .